2015 kia soul - badge & grill - wifey's new car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 kia soul - badge & grill - wifey's new car

well i haven't posted on here in forever only b/c i haven't done anything new to my sonata. the only thing i did was re-dip a couple side moldings and the mirrors and thats about it!

wifey picked up a fully loaded 2015 kia soul excla!m with all the bells and whistle so i'm out of mods to do to this thing lol

last week i went ahead and did the rear Soul emblem and dipped the chrome trim around the front grill.

this was my first time doing a spectrum color (red). the only thing i noticed different is i had to do a couple extra layers versus when i would only do black. i did lay 2 light coats of black as a base/for the red to stick to and that helped a ton.
    before

after

before

after
    Attached Files
    Last edited by beachbum561fla; 12-22-2015, 05:32 AM.
    2013 Hyundai Sonata SE - Radiant Silver

All chrome trim has been dipped Matte Black

Check out my photography here: Hybrid Photography

Instagram-Tumblr-Twitter: @beachbum561fla @hybridphotographyfl

West Palm Beach, FL

Nice! Sometimes those small details make a huge difference. Red is one of those colors that doesn't have great coverage, especially if you're using Black as a point of reference. Any thoughts of doing the KIA emblems as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Adam@DYC View Post
      Nice! Sometimes those small details make a huge difference. Red is one of those colors that doesn't have great coverage, especially if you're using Black as a point of reference. Any thoughts of doing the KIA emblems as well?

funny she asked me that too but they're all 1 piece actually and they look a PITA to do. the kia part is actually chrome, the outside is black and it has like a laminate type that is over the whole emblem itself. i have no idea how i would go about doing them.
      2013 Hyundai Sonata SE - Radiant Silver

All chrome trim has been dipped Matte Black

Check out my photography here: Hybrid Photography

Instagram-Tumblr-Twitter: @beachbum561fla @hybridphotographyfl

West Palm Beach, FL

Comment

Oh, that makes sense...yes, that would take a lot of time, effort, and some attention to detail with your taping! You may want to try Dip Release if you have any. Worst case scenario would be that you peel it all off! Looks good either way!

Comment

Set it off nicely, nice work! Little subtle changes do go a long way sometimes.

Comment

2015 kia soul - badge & grill - wifey's new car

Originally posted by kcbrooks9 View Post
            Set it off nicely, nice work! Little subtle changes do go a long way sometimes.
            You'll have to let us know what car is yours in the upcoming poll.

"I wanna big name, I wanna big chain
            Put my face on it, They think I'm insane!"
            -Rick Ross
            sigpic
            ASYLUM AUTOWERKS
            317-870-7570
            527 E. Sumner Ave
            Indianapolis, IN. 46227

Visit my profile page for a free friend request!!!

#DS4L

Comment

Working...
            X