Corvette C5: Blaze Yellow C6 Wheels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corvette C5: Blaze Yellow C6 Wheels

Title pretty much says it all. I originally bought the dip to use on the wheels of the Hayabusa when it was Avalanche Grey and never got around to doing it before I peeled it... While it's definitely out there and few will like, I think the color of the car would be about the only color that could pull it off.

1/3 gallon avalanche grey & 3 cans of blaze yellow. Blaze yellow over avalanche grey has GREAT coverage, I could have definitely gotten away with 2 cans.

I've dipped the Hayabusa 7 times so far and my old Ford Raptor once. Oddly enough this was my first time to dip wheels as well as using rattle cans, it makes me appreciate using the gun.
    2010 Grabber Blue Dipped Raptor #9436 of 10437 6.2L All Options, 2013 Headlights, 100% LED Conversion, HornBlasters 240
    2009 Electric Lime Pearl Hayabusa Widened Stock Wheel, Zero Chrome, Stretched, Low & Fast
    2006 Shocker Yellow & Chrome Honda CRF50Z

I had a problem with PD on wheels, especially on bright color, due to brake dusts struggle it. Do you spray it light coat 2K matte top coat or had any experience of 2K usage on wheels?
    Жидкая резина пластидип в России.

Comment

Really like that combination. Nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx View Post
        I had a problem with PD on wheels, especially on bright color, due to brake dusts struggle it. Do you spray it light coat 2K matte top coat or had any experience of 2K usage on wheels?
        Sorry I never got an email about a reply. Same here, brake dust is a huge PITA to get off of a bright color.

On the positive side, since wheels aren't in constant direct sunlight they didn't appear to fade like the orange I did on the bike. Within 2 weeks I could tell it was fading, within a month co-workers started commenting on it fading.
        2010 Grabber Blue Dipped Raptor #9436 of 10437 6.2L All Options, 2013 Headlights, 100% LED Conversion, HornBlasters 240
        2009 Electric Lime Pearl Hayabusa Widened Stock Wheel, Zero Chrome, Stretched, Low & Fast
        2006 Shocker Yellow & Chrome Honda CRF50Z

Comment

Working...
        X